Friday, July 10, 2009

7 ways to wash our hands

From LRD 30/6/2009

Before Term 3 started this week, my form teacher called my mother if we had travelled anywhere. My mother said that schools were really taken a lot of precautions to make sure everyone is healthy when school starts.

Yesterday, my teacher showed us some Powerpoint slides on hygiene. I guess it must be very important now to keep our hands clean because in today's LRD, there was an article about washing hands too!

Page 9 explains that your hands may look and feel clean, but it is still important to wash them properly and regularly. I like this paragraph:

"Just think of all the things you touched today-- food, the handle of the door, the toilet, the staircase railing-- and then think of all the other people who have touched those same things."

It made me shudder to think of all the germs that have landed on my hands today!! So gross!!

I remember that a long long time ago, when I was in Nursery, we sang a song about washing hands.

This video that we watched in class today brought back such memories!

No comments: