Friday, April 19, 2013
Thursday, March 7, 2013
This group chose their school, Canossa Convent Primary School as their home. They brought us to the heart of the school, a garden where they spend time with friends. They later compared the school hall to a living room where everyone gather and watch ‘TV” - assembly programmes. Lastly, they bring us to their “bedroom” – their class, P5 Faith where they learn new things.
Perez Ariane Balasta, Lin Michelle Mercado, Christine Chia Kim Moy, Insyirah Bte Iryadi and Deborah Ann Punnoose George
This group chose their school, Canossa Convent Primary School as their home as they learn lots of things and skills through activities as they would in a home. In this short video, they featured the computer lab and the indoor sport hall. They feel that these skills picked up through activities are essential as it would benefit them in the future.
Shama Juwairiyyah Bte Subhan, Lim Jia Hui, Ashley Crystal Chia Sze Min and Lechmi Rajendran
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
2. How many of your neighbours do you know and how did you get to know them?
3. What are some things which you can do to strength your relationship with your neighbours?
Friday, March 1, 2013
- Should the trial be a success, what positive impacts could there be on the environment?
- Do you think it is important care for the environment? Why or why not?
- What are some things you can do to care for the environment?
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Friday, February 22, 2013
- The rising cost of living
- Work-life balance
- The cost of child care
- The stressful education system
1. Do you agree that the cost of living is rising? Quote examples (examples include: food at McDonalds is getting more expensive, bus fare is rising, increasing school fees).
2. Many have commented that the education system in Singapore is stressful. How do you, as a student, feel about it and why?
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Friday, January 25, 2013
Differing views on change of uniforms surfaced as a result of stocks failing to arrive on time for Stamford Primary School which recently changed its uniform design. While schools have the autonomy to decide on the change of design for school uniforms, the Ministry of Education (MOE) said that the decision should be "carefully thought through and the views of the school community and key stakeholders taken into consideration".
Post your comments on one or more of the following questions:
(1) What do you think warrants a change in the design of school uniforms?
(2) When do you think schools should change their uniforms? How frequently should / could this be done? State your reasons.
(3) What are other possible reasons for the negative responses to schools changing uniforms?
One of the points raised in the article is that buying new uniforms could be a huge burden for lower-income families.
Thinking for others...
- Besides providing needy students with uniforms, whether new or otherwise, what else could be done to help them?
Sunday, July 22, 2012
National Day Theme Song 2012 - Love At First Light
National Day Theme Song 2011 - In A Heartbeat
National Day Theme Song 2010 - Song For Singapore
National Day Theme Song 2009 - What Do You See
National Day Theme Song 2008 - Shine For Singapore
National Day Theme Song 2007- Will You
National Day Theme Song 2006 - My Island Home
National Day Theme Song 2005 - Reach for the Skies
National Day Theme Song 1998 & 2004 – Home (1998 version)
National Day Theme Song 2003 - One United People
National Day Theme Song 2002 - We Will Get There
National Day Theme Song 2001 - Where I Belong
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Our curiosity piqued, we decided to each find an interesting word from the dictionary. Look at the words below. Do you know their meaning? You might find them useful for your compositions. Scroll down for the meaning of the words. Happy guessing! And spelling! And pronouncing! Don't get your tongues all twisted!
The following are the meanings of the words: