Thursday, August 13, 2009

No Smoking!


This week, we were very interested in the article on Smoking, on Page 13 of this week's LRD (11th August 2009).

We all know that smoking is harmful, but do you know how harmful it really is ?

From this article, we learnt that smoking causes at least 25 different diseases, including heart disease and stroke. From our Health Education projects this year, we also know that smoking causes bad breath, makes your teeth yellow and can cause infertility.

Before 1957, not many people knew that smoking was so dangerous, and governments ignored the harmful side-effects of smoking, because they did not want to start a panic and did not want to lose the money that the tobacco industry was bringing in. It was only after 1957 that a lot of people started quitting, but there are still more than one billion smokers on the planet.

We could think of a lot more reasons to quit smoking, but we want to hear from you! What are some reasons why people should quit smoking?

By 4 Faith


7 comments:

5 Hope:) said...

*sigh*...I feel so scared:(Someone in my family smokes:(

Anonymous said...

yay no one smokes in my family except my neighbour...n every nite hav to smell th ciggar smell n we always hav to spray air freshener ikn th direction of where our neighbour smokes den he cn smell the fragrance den hell no tat we dun lyk him smoking...some times i hav to spray th fire extinguisher!{although i dun have one.}

Anonymous said...

i agree that we should not smoke!

Anonymous said...

Oh...
Smoking is really bad...
I would HATE my teeth yellow...
I would HATE dying of heart diseases...

Oh my God!

The comment is by Sur Jung of P3 Joy.

Anonymous said...

i hope that anyone that smokes, stops!(oh my!)

cheryl wong
P3 Joy

Charmaine said...

Yeah.........My Ah gong and Ah ma smokes man!


Charmaine goo

toshil said...

U know... I have a family member who smokes. I was really shocked. I had the urge to tell him to stop but alas he is in London!