Friday, January 15, 2010

China Takes back Hong Kong

We read the article in this week's (12/1/2010) LRD and completed the following KWL as a class:


K
There was a war between Britain and China
Why was there a war?
Why did Britain hand Hong Kong back to China?
Why did China take Hong Kong back?

W
There was a war because of a kind of drug found in a flower.

L
I learnt that Britain handed Hong Kong over because they promised that sooner or later they would return Hong Kong.

This is a youtube video that Ms Wong showed us after we read the article:



P5 Charity

13 comments:

Michelle Lim said...

Although I only saw a small part of the video, I really am happy that China took back Hong Kong.

Merissa Ariff 5 cha said...

so coool!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i feel happy that HK is returned to china .

musicmaniac2103 said...

I was very grateful when i heard that Britain decide to give back Hong Kong.

Vicky :D said...

i am very glad that Britain has given Hong Kong back to China. Now there is a new part of China i can travel to. :D

Christine said...

After watching the video, I think it was a extremly important momment for the Hong Kong Citizens.I hope that they will achive happiness with their new owner, China.

Christine Chiang
5 Charity

cynthia lam said...

this is so interesting! how they hand back the Hong Kong to Singapore! I think if i had been there... I would have fall asleep as i think I will not be interested in the handover long time ago but now that is history and it is super interesting :)

Anonymous said...

this is so cool

Anonymous said...

i think this is an interesting topic! britain was right to hand back hong kong to china, after all, they promised too

Anonymous said...

After watching this video I think it is good for China to take back hong kong and they really kept their promise

Zara said...

I think that they are reunited again and it is such a nice thing to see that two countries became as one.

Anonymous said...

it vvas very grand
vaishu

Kimberly Ong Guan Hong said...

It is sooooooooooooo cooool! I COULD WATCH IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!