Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Imagined Conversations between NS Man & Domestic Helper













This week's Little Red Dot showed a very familiar picture of an NS man and his domestic helper carrying his backpack. At the end of the article, the pupils were asked to create imaginary conversations between the NS man and the domestic helper. Below are some samples written by the girls of 5Charity.

Suvetha
NS: Hey, carry my backpack!
DH: No, I can't.
NS: Why? Didn't you have breakfast? I saw you eating two plates of chicken rice.
DH: You are an NS man, not me, so you should be responsible for your bag!
NS: You used to carry my school bag for me when I was young. Why can't you do that now?
DH: Because you are an NS man now! If there is a war, you will have to carry your own backpack. That's why you should practice now!

Mitzi
NS: Help me with my backpack! I am so tired I might faint! (throws bag at domestic helper)
DH: Gosh, it's so heavy. Carry it yourself!
NS: Why did my parents bother to hire you?
DH: The pay is so little, but I have to do so many things!
NS: So? I also get paid very little as an NS man!

Umairah
DH: Ah Boy, please carry your own backpack! It is practically half of my size! My shoulder will break if I continue to carry your bag.
NS: You are supposed to help me since you are a domestic HELPER. So stop complaining and stop calling me Ah Boy!
DH: You are supposed to defend the country. How can you do that if you don't even want to carry your own backpack?
NS: Stop nagging or I will complain to my mother!

Mikka & Xuan Xuan
NS: Yaya, don't carry my bag. It's too heavy. Today is my first day of NS. I must get used to carrying my bag.
DH: Just relax and let me carry your bag.
NS: No! I might be spotted by my squad mates and they will tell on me. Do you want me to get into trouble?
DH: No, but...
NS: Ah! During a war you won't be around to help me right? Give me my backpack or I will complain to Nai Nai!
DH: Oh gosh, look at the time! We have to get going!
NS: Oh never mind! I'll just let you carry my bag! I don't have time to argue with you!

12 comments:

Charlene Lim said...

NS: Please help me take my bag.
DH: Okay okay sir.
NS: Umm... Let me take it lah.
DH: No sir I take.
NS: You say one ah. Not I say one.
DH: okay okay yes yes.

Unknown said...

I thik the samples that were written by the girls were interesting.I also think that the man should carry his own bag.

Meghna dijin said...

This is a srcipt:

NS:Hey! You maid! Come and carry my backpack.I want to SMS my girlfriend!Quick!

DH:Ayoh!Why must i carry .It is your duty!You are a NS man!

NS:[CALL ALL THE BAD WORDS]

ZANN YEO said...

NS: Oioioi help me carry my bag la.
DH: No, you should carry it yourself.
NS: Hey, if you don't help me carry, I complain to my mother ah.
DH: But you have to carry it yourself when you're at the war.
NS: So? But I'm not in the war now.
DH: Fine, I'll help you carry for five minutes.

dara said...

NS:carry my bag!
DH:why?
NS:just do it!
DH:but...
NS:why...can't do? Just do it!
DH:ok lah.
NS:(smiling.)

Vic Inc said...

NS:Hey!Hurry up!Are you a turtle?
DH:If I am a turtle I won't be here carrying your bag.
NS:Whatever lah!Keep quiet ,calling My girlfriend.
DH:Ai ya!Always talk about your girlfriend.You carry your own back lah !So heavy.
NS:HElp me please.............
DH:Quickly hah!

Unknown said...

I think that man should carry his own bag because he is an army, he should be strong.He is the army not the maid.

Charmaine Goo said...

NS: HELP me larh!
DH: No sir I cannot you must carry on your own.
NS: WHY MUST I?!(Roll eyes)
DH: You in army,you must do it I not always around with you larh!
NS: MAMA!!!!!
MAMA: What?
NS: Jenny don't want to carry for me!(Long face)
MAMA: You must do it on your own Jenny not always with you know.
NS: Yes mama. DH:See I told you larh cannot like that!

Nicole said...

I thougt NS man are strong.:):):):)
HEE HEE HEE!!!!

Rebecca Sandhu Mei Yan said...

What a man. A grown up man should carry his bag. What a SHAME!!!! You must be SMSing your girlfriend. What if you have no girlfriend? You still ask your maid to carry your bag?? You are such a SPOILT person!!!

Jeslynn Loo said...

You are so bad! my two elder brothers bag weights 10 something kg! even if its very heavy, they still carry it by their own!they never ask someone to carry their bag!you are spoiled!!!!! even if you want to do something,you can just carry your bag or put your bag on the floor! My elder brothers did that.

NikkiLovesJapaneseComics said...

NS:Carry my bag.
Maid:Why?
NS:My shoulder so painful........never sleep well yesterday night.
Maid:As if.I saw you in bed at 8.35 pm.
NS:EH,EH!(Throws bag at the maid)My girlfriend calling!!!!Quiet!!!
Maid:Lazy boy................