Thursday, July 1, 2010

Kallang Slashings

Between May 27 to 30 last month, there was a crime spree in the Kallang area, which resulted in 1 construction worker killed in an open field.

Seven people have already been caught for gang robbery.

When we discussed this in class, we talked about how crazy it all seemed and how important it was to be careful when we walk home. It's hard to belive that this happened in Singapore.

However, a good thing that came out of this was that some Singaporeans were compassionate enough to come forward to help those who had been injured in the attacks. Some helped by donating money while others paid for their bills. I heard that one of them was a construction worker who had had his fingers cut off by the attacks. He cannot continue working now. We all felt really sad by this.

The article about how Singaporeans came forward to help the injured men can be found at the link below:

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC100609-0000066



5 Charity 2010

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is so silly for them to do it. If I were the victim I would be so nervous and my heart would be beating so fast. I was so sad that there are people who was injured. I hope they will get well as soon as possible.

Ng Yih Der said...

I do not know why people would be so bad.I hope that there would not be a next time.

Anonymous said...

It is stupid for them to do those robbery and things. I feel sad for the construction workers. Some Singaporean even donated money to them. The victims must be very touched. Hoping that they will recover soon, over here I wish them good health!!

Name: Koh Zhi Min