Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Penang (6Hope)

Treasures to be Treasured

Singaporeans, in search of comfort food and an inexpensive, quick and relaxing holiday in a nearby destination, often think of Penang as one of the best choices. From the amazing beaches of Batu Ferringhi and stunning views from Penang Hill to the lively food haven in Gurney Drive, Penang has fascinated all her visitors.

However, it is in the quiet streets that we see the real treasures of Penang. The beautiful buildings with their decorative faces, the museum, art, heritage and music, dating from long ago, that we see what we need to restore and conserve so that generations can enjoy them for years to come.

This is also true for us here in Singapore. There are so many reminders of the past e.g. the shop houses in Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam, besides the music, culture and food that we need to remind us of where we came from.

Do you think that we need such reminders? What would you consider worth saving from the past?

15 comments:

Loke Jia Hui said...

Q1-I do not think that we need such reminders.

Q2-I would consider saving is worth from the past because in the past the peolple does not have a good living but now the childrens are really have a good living.

Charmaine Goo(6 Faith) said...

I think we do not need these reminders. I would consider and say yes to saving the past as it can let our future generation learn more about how Singapore became such a great, independent country.

Emma Seow 6 Hope said...

I dont think that we need reminders

the Beach

Yih Der said...

Q1- I think we do not need such reminders.
Q2-I would consider worth saving from the past of the history of Singapore and cemeteries that only soldiers from the past were buried there.

Hui Yi (P6 Hope) said...

Q1)I think we do not need such reminders.
Q2)I would consider saving the museum because we can conserve for the younger generations to see.

Elena Ratnam said...

Q1)No I don't think we need such reminders.

Q2)I would consider worth saving from the past is the Sir Stamford Raffles statues.

Woo Shi Yi said...

Q1) I do not think we need such reminders.
Q2) I would consider the Merlion that worth saving from the past.

Hazel Jayasingh said...

Q1-I think that we do not need such remainders.

Q2-I would consider the museum worth saving from the past.

Valerie (6 Hope) said...

I do not need such reminders, I would consider saving the cultures of Singapore as I think it is very important. I think we should also save the heritage centres.

Valerie (6 Hope) said...

I do not need such reminders, I would consider saving the cultures of Singapore as I think it is very important. I think we should also save the heritage centres.

Valerie (6 Hope) said...

I do not need such reminders, I would consider saving the cultures of Singapore as I think it is very important. I think we should also save the heritage centres.

hi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chloe (6 Hope) said...

1)I do not think we need such reminders.

2)I would consider worth the old buildings for the next generations to see

Anonymous said...

Macia (P6 Hope)

Q1-I don't think that we need such reminder

Q2-I would consider saving the shop houses in Chinatown

Jewel Chong's Blog said...

Q1- I don't think that we need such reminders.

Q2- I would consider saving the history of Sinagpore and heritage centres for the younger generations to learn and see.